Monday, October 7, 2013

Social Media: What does your tattoo say?

By looking at my twitter you can tell that I am a student who goes to Auburn that occasionally complains. Some of my tweets that show that I am a student say, "Got out of class 10 minutes early" or "done with lab an hour early." You can also tell that I go to Auburn university by all of my tweets that say, "War Eagle" or " so excited for the game." And every once in a while I will complain by saying, "can I just stay in my bed all day" or "I just want to go back to my apartment and take a nap." But I do not always complain, sometimes I post positive things such as, "God has put such amazing people in my life" or "getting things done today." I think that by looking at these tweets, you see a Auburn college student who has good days and bad days. I think that my tweets show an accurate representation of me. I do not tweet a lot and half of my tweets are retweets so there is not a bunch of information about me. I do feel like I need to maintain a positive social media identity because I do not want to put anything on twitter that would cause someone to have a negative perception of me. I do not feel pressured by trying to have a good image because I have always tried to maintain a positive identity. If I were interviewing for a job I would still get it even if my tweets were printed out because there is nothing wrong with what I post. I do not post things that would jeopardize my reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment